Sunday, February 23, 2014

Feb 23, 2014 - letter to Mom

Hey Mom!

I will talk about change and everything with Dad's email. But right now I can talk about some other stuff with you.

You know it is interesting that you will get to share about integrity to the YW. I feel that this is one of the most precious and invaluable traits a person can have. It actually mentions in my patriarchal blessing about being blessed with the gifts of honesty and integrity. So Heavenly Father at least thinks you have come to the right person. 

I feel like honesty and integrity go hand in hand. Honesty to me pertains to more be truthful and not lying to those around you, no matter what the consequences may be. I feel though that integrity adds to this. It builds upon what honesty has done for a person. It's almost like it is a higher law. Like with the Law of Moses and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel didn't come forth to destroy the Law, but to fulfill it and add upon it. Integrity to me entails being honest in your works, actions, and words but with one small difference. That small difference being your works, actions, and words are put forth with your full effort, your whole heart, and your whole soul. You don't leave anything half-done. You don't half-heartedly work. You do an honest mans job. My greatest example I can think of is everyday I go out the door. I could rotely go through the routine and talk towards people. But that is not possessing the trait of integrity. When I go out with my whole will and mind striving to be the Lord's, I put my whole heart into talking WITH people, loving them, and wanting to help them. That is what integrity means to me. 

Definitely even though I am far, I am near. I pray many times and particularly this past week I have prayed several times that you and Dad can really feel the love I have for you. There are definitely connections and the Spirit working in the midst of us, especially after what I have to tell you all about in Dad's email. Love you so much!

Elder Roo