Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 22

Hey Dad!

Sorry you came last to be written to today. And I only have 5 minutes. So it will be fairly short.

Super cool about the US and a bummer. Yeah I was talking with Ian (2nd Ward RC, super great friend) and he looked up the results of the USvGhana game on his iPhone and saw they won 2-1. But a bummer that Portugal came back at the very very end to tie. The US should do pretty good though. I as well as Elder Oldham sometimes are kind of bummed out we can't watch the games. We see several times highlights and such and wish badly we could watch it.

Yeah for sure I can remember Mom in the next fast (which I am finding I fast a lot on the mission, not just the monthly fast, but there have been a couple times where I fasted 3 times in one month). 

Yeah I agree and will work on trying to balance emotions more but also having the emotions. 

Thanks Dad so much for all your encouraging words and reassurance and support. I wish you could see how much I love and appreciate all you do and say. I wish you could see that I always usually have a letter I carry around with me throughout the day to read over again.

President's letter for you:

Hey President!
So this week has been not too bad. Life as always with its ups and downs. Something I have come to see for myself though this week is what kind of person and missionary I want to be when it comes to the end. I have come to feel for me I want to be someone that is honest, trustworthy, and dependable. Meaning I want to be someone you can trust and depend upon as well as the Lord. I want to be known that I am an honest person and that I can be trusted and depended upon to give my best effort and do all I can with what is asked or given to me. So I am working now on really building up faith and trust as well as confidence and belief in myself. To not worry or listen to doubts and negativity. To be grateful, in the the fruit of the Spirit, and going out giving my best effort each day.

Miracle for us this past week happened after the Saturday night session of Stake Conference. We started walking back to the train station and within 100 feet of the chapel the 2nd counselor of the Stake Presidency pulled by and asked if he could help. He ended up driving us to the train station and we were able to buy our tickets fort he JuGuang train and get on the train for Zhanghua within 5 minutes of him dropping us off. So we were able to get home a lot earlier than we would have normally.

Today is actually what I want to share my studies from this week. Today I started studying Jacob 5 and only got through half of it. I simply can say I love the allegory so much of the tame and wild olive tree. It's so beautiful and there is so much meaning and understanding behind the whole story. Just makes me love the Book of Mormon that much more!

Thanks so much! I am willing and ready to follow you and give my best effort!
Love ya!
Elder Dayley

But so yeah I love you so much! Can't wait to see you again!
Love ya!

Elder Dayley